"When I forget my ways, I am in The Way"

Philosophical and experiential notes on Nothingness, with supporting insights from martial arts, quantum physics and Taoism


30 May 2014

Word of the Day: Writing


These days there are people who still want to write on paper. They resist writing electronically, because they like the feel of paper. Do you think back in the olden days, people resisted writing on paper because they liked the feel of writing on animal hides? Or stone tablets?

I'm confused when writing apps are developed to give us a sense of writing on paper. Why not give us a sense of writing on animal hides? Or stone?

Now that I think about it, why not give us a sense of writing in hieroglyphics, or in cave painting language? Drawing with sticks in the dirt should also be an option.

Why not develop an app to write a sacred spiritual text? The Old Testament Book of Numbers springs to mind. What with the Bible being the inerrant Word of God, with every single word uttered or inspired by God himself, I'm inspired by the idea of spending the rest of my life being inspired by God to write a modern-day Book of Numbers. 

Perhaps I should consult with the Monks, Nuns and Scribes in the Monastery of Nothingness. And get their opinions.

Well, maybe I shouldn't do that. They would probably quickly reply that this is what genealogy.com already does. Which makes me wonder if genealogy.com is the inspired Word of God: each word, each comma, each name, each tribe - all dictated by The Lord High God.


I'm suddenly getting more and more intrigued by genealogies. For example, if you find your name on genealogy.com, does that mean that you are in the Book of Life? That you're one of the chosen, guaranteed a place in heaven?

Talk about exposing the inner secrets and the inner teachings!

Think about it.