"When I forget my ways, I am in The Way"

Philosophical and experiential notes on Nothingness, with supporting insights from martial arts, quantum physics and Taoism


25 May 2014

Where my courage faulters


I have found it far easier to be honest with God than to be honest with loved ones. I have far more courage face-to-face with God than with some of my loved or former loved ones. In truth, facing God is easy. The atheist might smile wryly at this quip about squaring off with God, but I am not an atheist, so let's keep it moving.

The reason it is easier to be honest with God than even your closest friends and loved ones is because there is virtually no judgement from God.


None.


Nor is there any forgiveness from God. God is all about being 'for' giving. Just like the Sun, which never takes anything but only gives. Forgiveness is unnecessary to God because forgiveness implies that God focuses on guilt and judgement. As if there's really time for that. And what with God being eternal, time is not viewed as a permanent fixture in his living room.


What we call sins are not sins in God’s eyes. Guilt and judgement are the real sins.


_____________________

Based on my personal experiences, I believe there is life before and after death, and that what we call death is simply another form of living. Or what we call living is simply another form of dying. I acknowledge my beliefs are my opinions, and I do not declare facts. On the other hand, I will not deny what I have witnessed or experienced. 

I refuse to define God. Yet, I have experienced states of consciousness that have felt undeniably deep, and certainly very different than normal awareness or consciousness. In those states I have seen and experienced beings, events and realizations. These experiences have deeply affected me. 

Why It is Easier to Face God
The reason it is easier to be honest with God than even your closest friends and loved ones is because there is virtually no judgement from God.

None.

Nor is there any forgiveness from God. Forgiveness is unnecessary to God because forgiveness implies that God focuses on guilt and judgement. As if there's really time for that. And what with God being eternal, time is not viewed as a permanent fixture in his living room.

What we call sins are not sins in God’s eyes. Guilt and judgement are the real sins.  

My Experience in These Matters
What is heaven? Is there an afterlife? These are things for you to decide. 

From my perspective, however, there are states of consciousness that transcend normal awareness. And in such states I discovered these issues of non-judgmentalism. There is no sin there. There is no guilt. These things are human inventions. In my opinion, they don’t exist in these deeper areas of consciousness because they have no place there. They have no place there because they are mortal inventions. They are not eternal. They exist, yes. But not in the so-called eternal or deeper consciousness realms. It is not possible for them to thrive there. But here on earth they exist, in part, because they make us feel superior to others. But the main reason they exist is to throw us off the scent. This from a man who studied for decades to fail. 

Are You Bold Enough to Claim You are Fully Conscious?
I'm not. No way. I can't conceive that it is even possible.

Is there a heaven? Is there a God? Who knows?

I will share something that includes atheists, agnostics, believers and non-believers. But first a small disclaimer: I care so much about whether you get this, that I have stopped caring. I have to be very careful about attaching to caring. My life has become too fucked up over it. But nevertheless, here’s a thought for you to consider.

Regardless of whether heaven, an afterlife or God exists or not, there are deeper layers of consciousness. And in my experience, which has been rather extensive, I came across a place in consciousness where judgement, sin, fear, doubt, selfishness and all such manners of things simply don’t exist. It is inconsequential. Love exists there. An expansive sense of self or not self exists there. Awareness exists there. Intention exists there. But these other kinds of things do not, in my experience.

So, if we suppose for a moment that my experiences and observations have some degree of validity, I suggest that all this bullshit that hangs us up is the result of living an intensely dumbed-down existence. And in our dumbed-down way of thinking, we think it is really smart, really intelligent to be hung up on gossip, guilt, judgement, mistakes, right and wrong, greed, guilt and so on. We really have convinced ourselves that focusing on these kinds of things is a great, great, great way to live, to run our lives and to ruin our beautiful world.

I have discovered a place in consciousness where these negative attributes have no value. I am by no means the first man or woman to discover this place. But here is what I believe to be a message worth bringing back from such a place: there is a place in consciousness where these dumbed-down ways of living can be overcome. And it doesn't matter in the least what kind of life you've led: they can be easily overcome.