"When I forget my ways, I am in The Way"

Philosophical and experiential notes on Nothingness, with supporting insights from martial arts, quantum physics and Taoism


27 May 2014

What's Important? Garlic or Orgasms?

What’s Important? 

  1. Loving and being loved? Forgiveness or judgement? Being right? Being on track? 
  2. Tell me. Talk to me. Teach me. Help me understand. Better yet, give me realization. 
  3. How long have you lived? 20 years? 30, 40, 60 or 80 years? Share the deepest truth you know. Share your wisdom. Don't hold back. 
  4. What's important? How has it made a difference? 
  5. The oldest living people in the world say it's things like laughter, or routine, or smoking a good cigar, a glass of wine everyday, kale, garlic, health, a regular diet, regularity, or looking out the window at children playing. 
  6. What's important? Middle-aged people say it's their kids, their grand kids, their portfolios or pensions, cars, boats or Jesus. 
  7. Younger people say it's their one true love, college, a good job, vacations, buying a house, or having fun. 
  8. Honest artists say it's sex. And lots of it. Orgasms. Although many of them are too tortured to be intimate. 
Tell me. What's important? What counts? 
Garlic?